venerdì, novembre 10, 2006

Italy: Mafia Pizza and bloody Mandolino...

After years far from my homecountry I started feeling a bit homesick.
What am I doing here? Is it all about work? and it worth it?
Question questions.
What answer can I get?
I have been contacted by an italian online architecture magazine few weeks ago. They have read my blogs, articles I wrote on another web magazine (www.professionearchitetto.it ) and proposed me to join them in their fantastic adventure!
I am always keen on doing something new but, have to say, I learned that in every country if you are doing something you've been paid for it.
I asked some clarification about salary and retribution and, surprise surprise, had no answer at all.
They vanished in the fog.
That is what happens in Italy, folks.
People, especially architects, are always complaining about bad habits of being not paid for their work, about their boss' unpolite and rude behaviour but, when they become boss they have same rude and unpolite behaviour.
Come on Italians WAKE fuckin' UP!
You always complain about what other people do and then you are doing the same?
It's not fair, isn't it?!
To have a better idea about what I am saying just have a look to job offers on Italian Chartered Architects' website ( http://www.architettiroma.it/lavoro/offerte.asp ); the average salary offered is 700 euros per month but you need your own VAT (TAV in france, IVA in Italy) so 700 euros become 550 and you are requested to work 9AM to 8PM.
It is not all.
You are supposed to be 3 years experienced and have a knowledge in every kind of existing office, cad, 3D, Image editing software.
What's for?
To do crappy low quality projects which are everything but Architecture and deal with people who disappear when they have to pay you?
Not fair lads, not fair at all.
My advice is, go to Italy, people are friendly, food is great and cities are amazing, but don't think about working for them, it would be a nightmare.
My homesick is getting better now...



(pics: Internet)

6 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

aspetta, un momento, non ti muovere....
sono entrata adesso simona salviati, piè, non ti muovere

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

che devo fare.....blog....per me è come pop, ciop plopppp chevvordììììì come faccio a parlarti....in questa data, ora.....c'mon pa... simona

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Pier Andrea Notari said...

leggi la tua email, simo

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

perdonami, non vorrei ti sentissi braccato..ma sto provando a rintracciarti ovunque.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Pier Andrea Notari said...

Ramir, alle Hawaii ti ci mando a calci in culo se ti rivedo sul mio blog!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Pier Andrea Notari said...

Malibu vedi di fare meno lo stronzo!
You stinking motherfucker!

 

Posta un commento

<< Home